The Maine Brewers' Guild Summer Session is the biggest brewfest in Maine and your best chance to try Maine's best beers. Summer Session is the only brewfest run by and in support of the Maine craft beer industry - we know what beer fans love, and we want to share our love of beer with you while creating the perfect festival environment. So come join us in the vast expanse of Thompson's Point waterfront venue in Portland - outdoors and under the sun for our annual Maine Brewers' Guild Festival - Summer Session 2018 on Saturday July 28th, from 1-5PM, with a VIP session starting at NOON.
We will also be hosting a Winter Session this year on Saturday November 10th 2018 with the MAINE BEER BOX.
GENERAL ADMISSION | 1:00 PM
VIP w/ Dedicated VIP Entry Line | 12:00 PM
Maine Beer Box will NOT be part of Summer Session, but will be part of Winter Session 2018.
$49/ General Admission $60/ VIP (limited qty available), $55/ Day of Event (general admission only), $20/ Designated Driver (must be 21+) and includes free and designated parking.
$85/Session Bundle, both Summer and Winter Session General Admission*
$105/Session Bundle, both Summer and Winter Session VIP Admission*
*If you purchase a bundle, we will email you Winter Session tickets by August 7th, 2018.
All tickets include unlimited beer samples from all breweries, souvenir taster glass, live music. Food available for purchase from a variety of food trucks.
What makes our festival so awesome? We're glad you asked...
- BEST BEER IN MAINE - Maine's best brewers will be showcasing their wares from all across the state and we'll have more Maine breweries pouring than any festival all year.
- GUEST BREWERIES FROM USA - After last year's success, we are sticking with the invitational format - our Maine brewers will invite their friends from out-of-state breweries so we will have beers on tap that you have never tried, from breweries who don't normally sell their beer in Maine.
- LIVE MUSIC - Jam out to some of New England's best fest music but keep it far enough away from the beer so you can still interact with the brewers and ask your questions.
- PLENTY OF SPACE to spread out - Thompson's Point is acres and acres of waterfront land. No crowded gymnasiums here.
- LAWN CHAIRS WELCOME – we want you to get comfortable, so bring your lawn chairs, picnic blankets, cornhole set, and make a day of it!
- FOOD TRUCKS - They will be there and ready to serve you, from the beginning to the end - so bring an appetite!
- SUPPORTS YOUR LOCAL CRAFT BEER COMMUNITY - Proceeds from our brewfest benefit the Maine Brewers' Guild in their work to promote and protect craft beer. (We're the people who changed the laws so brewers could pour their own beer at these festivals!) This is our biggest event of the year and the primary fundraiser for our nonprofit. Drink beer in support of beer!
- TIME TO CATCH YOUR BREATH - Although we'll have to stop serving beer at 5PM, you'll be welcome to hang out till around 6PM, grab a bite to eat from one of the food trucks, and take in the beauty of an evening on the water in Portland surrounded by thousands of your closest friends.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT - We're working to figure out ways to get you to and from the festival safely. And if you're coming from Boston, the bus or trains heading into Portland will drop you right to the festival site. (The event is right behind the Amtrak and Concord Coach station). We'll also coordinate in-town Portland pick ups via public transport.
PARTICIPATING MAINE BREWERIES: (as of 05/29/18)
- Allagash Brewing Company
- Andrews Brewing Co
- Atlantic Brewing Company
- Austin Street Brewery
- Banded Horn
- Bangor Beer Company
- Barreled Souls Brewing Company
- Battery Steele Brewing
- Baxter Brewing
- Bear Bones Beer
- Bigelow Brewing Company
- Bissell Brothers Brewing
- Black Bear Brewing CO
- Boothbay Craft Brewery
- Bray's Brewing Company, Inc.
- Brickyard Hollow Brewing Co.
- Bunker Brewing Co
- Cushnoc Brewing Co.
- Definitive Brewing Company
- Dirigo Brewing Company
- Flight Deck Brewing
- Fogtown Brewing Company
- Fore River
- Foulmouthed Brewing
- Foundation Brewing Company
- Funky Bow Brewery & Beer Co.
- Geaghan Bros. Brewing Co.
- Geary Brewing Company
- Gneiss Brewing Company
- Goodfire Brewing Company
- Hidden Cove Brewing Co
- Island Dog Brewing
- Kennebec River Brewery
- Kennebunkport Brewing Company/Federal Jack's Brewpub
- Lake St. George Brewing Company
- Liquid Riot
- Lone Pine Brewing Company
- Maine Beer Company
- Marsh Island Brewing
- Marshall Wharf Brewing Co
- Mason's Brewing Company
- Mast Landing Brewing Company
- Moderation Brewing
- Monhegan Brewing Company
- Nonesuch River Brewing
- Norway Brewing Company
- Oak Pond Brewery
- Orono Brewing Company
- Oxbow Brewing Company
- Peak Organic Brewing Company
- Penobscot Bay Brewery
- Rising Tide Brewing Company
- Rock Harbor Brewing Co.
- saco river brewing
- Sebago Brewing Co
- Sheepscot Valley Brewing co.
- Shipyard brewing
- Simplicity Brewing Co
- SoMe Brewing Company
- sunday river brewing company
- The Run of the Mill
- Threshers Brewing Co
- Tributary Brewing Co.
- Tumbledown Brewing
- Urban Farm Fermentory
- Woodland Farms Brewery
- Yes Brewing
PARTICIPATING GUEST BREWERIES: (as of 05/29/18)
- Aslin beer Company
- Black Hog Brewing
- Bog Iron Brewing
- Boxing Rock Brewing Company
- Coppertail Brewing Co.
- Exhibit 'A' Brewing Company
- Half Acre Beer Company
- Interboro Spirits and Ales
- Jack's Abby / Springdale Beer
- Maui Brewing Co.
- Medusa Brewing Company
- Monday Night Brewing
- Odd 13 Brewing
- Old Nation Brewing Company
- Rockingham Brewing Company
- The Portsmouth Brewery
- Threes Brewing
- Throwback Brewery
- Vail Brewing Co.
VIP tickets are extremely limited and include 1 hour early access to unlimited samples of specially brewed beers from over 60 breweries. In keeping with the name of our fest, we've asked breweries who are pouring at the VIP session to bring session beers. All VIP ticketholders will have early and first access to the brewfest general session, as well as a dedicated entry line. Full list of breweries pouring during the VIP session will be listed above.
We have a room block at the Clarion Hotel ($219/nt, 2 nights min.) Please give them a call and mention the “Summer Session Maine Brewers' Guild” room block. (207) 774-5611.
We encourage you to take public transportation wherever possible. The venue DOES charge a fee for parking - $10/ car, so between that and the safety aspect, it’d be a win-win to hop on the bus, ride your bike, or grab a cab over! We've laid out some options below to get you started...
- Uber – via app
- Lyft - via app
- 207 Taxi - (207) 774-2255
- Green Cab - (207) 879-2424
Public Bus Routes:
- Available from Congress St./ East End/ St. John:
- SEE: Bus Route 1 Schedule/ Locations
Take Transit to Thompson Point Events:
Local Service - $1.50 • Reduced fare* - .75
BREEZ Express Service - $3 • Reduced fare* - $1.50
*Seniors 65+ and persons with disabilities with Valid ID.
Pay as you go - Exact Change (bills and coins accepted)
Or purchase tickets in advance at the METRO Pulse at Elm Street or other locations.
Call 207-774-0351 or visit gpmetrobus.com for sales outlet locations, schedules and more.
Several routes stop nearby:
METRO BREEZ & Route 1 - Direct Service
TO/FROM Portland Transportation Center.
From the bus shelter, located to the right of
the (PTC) terminal, cross the street, turn left on
sidewalk toward Thompson’s Point.
(.3 miles, five minute walk, Google Maps).
METRO Routes 5 and 9A/B stop along
Congress Street. (see map for location).
Use bus stops at:
• Whitney Ave./Congress - Outbound;
• Sewall St. /Congress St. -Inbound
From bus stop, walk down Sewall Street,
past Portland Transportation Center (PTC)
and continue to Thompson’s Point.
(.4 miles, eight minute walk, Google Maps).
Best Driving Route:
Fore St, Portland Maine to Thompson’s Point
- Head northeast on Fore St toward Dana St
- Turn right onto Dana St
- Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto Commercial ST
- Continue onto Fore River Pkwy
- Turn left onto Thompsons Point
- Continue straight around the back of the Amtrak and bus station out to the end of the peninsula.
If you’re coming from Boston:
- Take the Amtrak train! The train station is adjacent to the festival venue. You leave from North Station and arrive at the venue.
- Take the bus! Concord Coach Lines offers consistent and comfortable service between South Station and the Portland Transportation Ctr., which is next to the venue.
OR, follow these basic driving directions
- Merge onto I-93 N
- Take exit 37A to merge onto I-95 N toward Peabody
- Keep right at the fork to stay on I-95 N, follow signs for Portsmouth NH
- Keep right at the fork to continue on I-295 N, follow signs for S Portland/Downtown Portland
- Take exit 5 for ME-22 E
- Keep right, follow signs for Maine 22/Congress Street and merge onto Fore River Pkwy
- Merge onto Fore River Pkwy
- Turn left at lights onto Thompsons Point
- Stay straight and go across train tracks to the end of the peninsula.
Q: Will this event be held rain or shine?
A: Yes. This event is rain or shine, and all beer will be poured under a tent or under the pavilion. We reserve the right to end the event early or cancel in cases of extreme weather or any weather deemed a public safety hazard by city officials
Q: Can I bring my dog/ cat/ pet rabbit?
A: No, we are not able to allow pets into the event, service animals only.
Can I bring my toddler/ baby in a stroller/ baby swaddled in a golden fleece diaper?
A: If you are carrying/ strollering your baby, that is OK. Otherwise, no, this is a strictly 21+ event, and we will not allow access to anyone under 21. (Seriously.)
Q: I bought an extra ticket for my friend, but now they can't come. Can I get a refund?
A: No, We do a lot to plan the amount of beer/ concessions/ port-a-johns/ budget for the event based on attendee numbers, so all ticket sales are final.
Q: I am going with a friend who has a Designated Driver ticket and I have a VIP pass. Will they be able to use their DD ticket to enter at the same time as me?
A: Yes. DD ticketholders, who are not allowed to consume any alcohol, can enter during the VIP session.
Q: Will you be serving any wine or cider or gluten-free options at the event?
A: We do plan to include cideries, but we cannot guarantee we will have cider or gluten-free options at the event. Please look at the Participating Brewery List to see if any cideries are attending. Food trucks will be there with sodas/ drinks available for purchase. We will have free water around the venue during the event.
Q: Will brewers be selling their beer at this event? Can I get my growler filled?
A: No, brewers will not be selling their beer at this event, and growlers may not be filled at the event.
Q: I am a homebrewer. Can I pour my beer at this event?
A: No, only federally licensed breweries are able to pour their beer at this event.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPONSOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE CONTACT US at (INFO@MAINEBREWERSGUILD.ORG)